Written by Steve Whetzel II, Owner of Elevated Outdoor Living – A Design + Build Company in Aldie, VA specializes in outdoor living and deck building
If you do a Google search for “deck contractors in Northern VA” you will get pages and pages of results, ads and promises. But how do you know that the one you choose, will deliver your deck exactly as you envision it, on time, within budget, etc.? A deck can be a beautiful addition to your home’s backyard, and can even increase the value of your home. However, it is incredibly important to hire the right deck contractor or design company. After decades of experience as a deck builder in Northern Virginia, I have compiled a list of quick tips to consider when hiring a contractor.
Quick Tips To Hire A Deck Contractor
- Make sure they are a registered licensed contractor with DPOR. They should be a class A licensed contractor.
- Verify the labor warranty portion of the contract
- The should carry insurance to cover damage to the home in case of an accident
- They should use quality materials as well as hardware for longevity
- They should have at least at a min of 10 years industry experience In this trade
If you have any questions, please contact us. With offices in both Aldie and Warrenton, Virginia, we provide deck building services throughout Virginia.